A considerable amount of money is spent on training and development every year — yet businesses are not seeing the value from these investments. Many seem to think that just because learning is happening, everything is under control; but it’s not. Ponder on the following questions:
- How much is our organization spending on learning company-wide?
- Are our learning programs making a tangible difference? If so, do we know what are we doing right?
- What expectations do our top management have of our learning programs?
- Are our learning programs adequately leveraging our people, processes and technologies?
- Is our learning portfolio sufficiently impacting our business performance and profitability?
- Are we maximizing the amount of time our people spend on activities which add value?
- Are we as efficient and effective as we possibly could?
- What are the quantifiable results and measurable outcomes of the work we do?
In the absence of clear, valid answers to these questions; the learning function cannot successfully help our company create business value and deliver positive business results.
Here’s the truth……. It’s not about the learning — it’s all about the results! Good learning activities that doesn’t deliver any business value is pretty much irrelevant. Senior management expect it, but they aren’t actually getting that business value, as evidenced by a 2009 research study from the ROI Institute:
96% of executives want to see the business impact of learning, yet only 8% receive it now; 74% of executives want to see ROI data, but only 4% have it now.
As a result of listening to and working on countless L&D-related issues and concerns for over ten years we have decided to support the Learning & Development industry in a more meaningful way, by organizing the L&D Leaders Breakfast Forum! This is a platform to raise and discuss relevant issues pertaining to learning & development (including organisational development and effectiveness) in an informal and relaxed environment.
[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”6″ gal_title=”Learning & Development Breakfast Forum”]
For registration through EventBrite, please click here
To inquire more about this, please contact us by filling the form below;
This is an exclusive platform to ensure everyone’s time is well spent where quality discussions and workable solutions are the pillars of the forum. As such, we are taking steps to invite the right forum participants to ensure the L&D Leaders Breakfast Forum is and will continue to be your preferred platform to solve your L&D issues and concerns.
Our criteria of participation in the L&D Leaders Breakfast Forum:
- Vast experience, skills and knowledge in L&D-related matters, especially in areas of corporate learning and development, talent development and employee engagement.
- Willing to and has the ability to express thoughts and ideas during the forum discussion.
- Open minded to consider suggestions from other forum participants.
- In-house practitioner, in-charge of corporate learning & development, employee engagement, talent development, training or human resources.
We have limited seats available for each session and we shall accept confirmation based on first come first serve basis. If you’re interested to participate in this event or if you have an enquiry, kindly contact us @ 0122737190 and further details will be sent to you.